1755406 Members
2826 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 GEN 10 Error Create Array

cristhiangh11
Occasional Visitor

DL380 GEN 10 Error Create Array

Hi, I haver a Proliant DL380 Gen 10 server with 2 SSD 480GB SATA 6G and MR416i-p controller, but i can´t create array with RAID Controller, when I create Array, the system show me this message: "Logical drive cannot be created because no physical space or no eligible drives available for logical drive cration", but its a greenfield deployment, so the SSD its clean and the MR416i-p controller is compatible with SATA 6G disks:

https://buy.hpe.com/lamerica/es/options/controller-controller-options/storage-raid-controllers/storage-raid-controllers/controlador-de-almacenamiento-hpe-mr416i%E2%80%91p-gen11-x16-canales-8-gb-cach%C3%A9-pci-spdm-plug%E2%80%91in/p/p47777-b21

Could you help me with a any recommend?

Thanks in advanced!

3 REPLIES 3
shuff
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 GEN 10 Error Create Array

The error message you're seeing typically indicates that there is not enough physical space available or there are no eligible drives for logical drive creation. This could be due to a number of reasons such as the drives being in a different RAID array, the drives not being recognized by the controller, or the drives being in a state that does not allow them to be used for a new logical drive. (I am assuming that you have already double-checked drive connectivity)

To check if the drives are configured in a different RAID array, you can use the SSA:

1. Run the SSA GUI.
  2. Open the 'Configure' panel by selecting a device in the 'Home' screen and clicking 'Configure' in the quick navigation menu.
  3. Click 'Arrays' from the 'Controller Devices' menu.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

Restart the server and press the key "F9" during POST prompt. Select System Configuration. Here select the HPE MR416i-p controller and configure the RAID array.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @cristhiangh11,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo