3733 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 GEN8 installling oeratiing system probelem

hhsaggaf
Occasional Collector

DL380 GEN8 installling oeratiing system probelem

Hi
I use Intelligent Provisioning to istall windows 2008 server R2 64 bit in DL380 GEN8 SERVER but when i finsh the wizrd it stay in sizing opeating system files stage !!!!!

I set the array 3 H.D.D RAID 5 and 1 for spare >

plese help me >

5 REPLIES 5
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Re: DL380 GEN8 installling oeratiing system probelem

If you're having issues with the intelligent provisioning, try just booting off the Windows DVD and installing it directly from there.  It should work.

Once the OS is installed you can install all of the HP software and drivers.

That's usually how I install Windows.  I've used the intelligent provisioning for Server 2012 but never for Server 2008 so I don't know if that makes any difference.

hhsaggaf
Occasional Collector

thaks
I tray to use windows dvd Directly   and it s work  but i want to Take advantage of of the built-in drivers and software of the Ihe intelegnet provising >

but whre i can download the drivers and software ????

does the solve the problem : SPP - ProLiant ML/DL/SL Microsoft Windows Server Pack (1.6 GB) ???

Almaz
Frequent Visitor

Installation from DVD operarion system older than 2012, maybe, require integration RAID controller drivers on the image.
Other drivers installs from SPP/

May Google help you)

waaronb
Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem installing Windows directly from the OS install disc and then installing all the drivers and software later on from the PSP or SPP.

Maybe it was Windows 2000 or 2003 where I remember having to load the array drivers from a floppy during the install, but Server 2008 and 2012 don't have any problems seeing the Smart Array controllers for me. That's with the P400/410/420, and they can probably still see the old 5i/6i controllers too for the older models.

When installing the drivers and software manually, there are some pre-requisites, like you'll want to make sure you installed SNMP.

Then you can pretty much just do the automated install using HPSUM. It may not always auto-select some drivers for install since Windows comes with it's own, but you can select those manually if you like.
hhsaggaf
Occasional Collector

Thank you
I found the problem from the WINDOWS 2008 server  dvd,  i tray another copy and it s done >