1752862 Members
4244 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 Included warranty vs 3yr NBD Care Pack

Satmour

DL380 Included warranty vs 3yr NBD Care Pack

Hi,

My supplier has quoted a 3yr NBD care pack with a DL380. Looking at various documentation online, the DL380 comes as standard with a "3/3/3" warranty with NBD support as standard.

I asked my supplier about this, and their response was that the included warranty is "best endeavours", but adding the care pack makes it guaranteed NBD. Something about this doesn't sound quite right to me, and I can't find anything online that confirms it. On the opposing side, why would there even be a SKU for paid 3yr NBD support for the DL380 if it was already included?

If it makes any difference, the part number for the server is 768345-425 (a Top Value DL380), and the support pack quoted is U7AD9E.

Any information greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 Included warranty vs 3yr NBD Care Pack

@Satmour wrote:

Hi,

My supplier has quoted a 3yr NBD care pack with a DL380. Looking at various documentation online, the DL380 comes as standard with a "3/3/3" warranty with NBD support as standard.

I asked my supplier about this, and their response was that the included warranty is "best endeavours", but adding the care pack makes it guaranteed NBD. Something about this doesn't sound quite right to me, and I can't find anything online that confirms it. On the opposing side, why would there even be a SKU for paid 3yr NBD support for the DL380 if it was already included?

If it makes any difference, the part number for the server is 768345-425 (a Top Value DL380), and the support pack quoted is U7AD9E.

Any information greatly appreciated.

3/3/3 - Server Warranty includes three years of parts, three years of labor, three years of onsite support coverage

I think your supplier is correct. I'm pretty sure the onsite support coverage of the standard warranty doesn't include next business day support. You need to call/chat with HPE sales to verify.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!