1754303 Members
3146 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: F1 to continue......

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

F1 to continue......

I am having a issue with a RAID 431 card, it prompts me to select F1 to continue or F10 to go into a configuration utility. I let the prompt sit for 1 minute and 30 seconds before to see if it would default to go through and nothing happens. This is a issue if I have to remotely reboot the server, no one will be there to hit the F1 key for me....how do I get rid of this problem? Any and all help appreciated

Thanks,
Rob
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Remove the freebie smart array chip from the motherboard. This chip is unecessary if you have a "real" smart array controller. The freebie controller will keep prompting you ("F1") to configure it every time you reboot.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

actually removing the chip will not help..it is a setting in the bios...boot your machine to the F10 partition..choose the first option on the menu...then the first option again..it will then say please wait loading config files..when it comes back from that choose review or modify hardware settings then from the next menu choose view or edit details...then scroll down the list to the advanced features section...under there is an option that says f1 boot prompt..choices are enabled or disabled...change it to disabled and save and exit..it will now only show a brief message that says hit f10 for system configuration but if nothing is done it will continue to boot ..
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have similar problem as well, however this server does not have the system partition install. How can I fix the same problem without using the System Partition?

Thanks.
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

If this is a G2 model. go into the F9 ROM BIOS. Under Advanced you will see Prompt for F1. Disable that and see how it goes.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!