ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755738 Members
2790 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: First Instalation HP Proliant ML 350 G4 Problem!!

Joao_16

First Instalation HP Proliant ML 350 G4 Problem!!

Hello! The following ProLiant G4 server stop responding to keyboard or mouse input when running the initial setup process. I have installed the windows server 2003 standard edition! Can someone help me! Thanks very much! My english is not too good, that's because i'm portuguese!!
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Do you start with SmartStart CD ? During this kbd and mouse are OK?
Joao_16

Yes, the mouse and the keybord were OK! But I had dificults installing with smartstart and I have installed only with the windows server cd, and the installation was OK, I put the serial, the name and the company name, but when the Server restart the first Time, the server stop responding to keybord and mouse and I see a black screen with nothing!
Thanks a lot for interesting in help me!!
Oleg Mochkin
Trusted Contributor

Try perform Server Diagnostic Utility - start from SmartStart, click on Maintenance tab and then diag. utility. Also check ROM version - latest at http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/romtabl.html - version 4.06 D17-06/01/2005 (18 Jul 05). What Server2003 language version you have? Non-english ?
Colin_29
Trusted Contributor

You really need to install using the SmartStart CD or you need to install the support pack from that CD immediately after the Windows installation completes. The SmartStart installation includes drivers that windows requires to run on the ProLiant.

Please try installing again using SmartStart and post the issues that you are having.

HTH
Colin
Bastiaan Spaapen

Hi,

Do you use USB keyboard and mouse? If so try the normal ps/2 ports. I agree that you should install with the smart cd. It does give you the correct drivers for the server.

Good luck.
Hud

Hi there

This is the exact problem that I had with the PROLIANT 6500.

What I did was remove the CMOS battery from the main board, I then left it out for about 15 minutes, I then switched on the server until it booted up and the turned it off.

I then put the battery back in and reinstalled my operating system and this seams to have worked.

Fingers crossed this has resolved my issue and yours sounds like the same issue as mine.

Good luck and keep me posted.
Joao_16

I called to the HP and they say to me that there was a problem installing drivers for the array, and they said to me to download this file, because my smartstart version has a problem sometimes. Here are the links.
Download the driver from: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22369.html , then extract to a floppy disk.
-> Verique atrav├Г┬йs do setup F9 se na op├Г┬з├Г┬гo Boot Controller Order o controlador SCSI SA641 est├Г┬б como 1├В┬кop├Г┬з├Г┬гo

-> Instale o Sistema Operativo apartir do CD da MICROSOFT

-> No inicio da instala├Г┬з├Г┬гo pressione na tecla F6 para especificar o driver do controlador utilizando para tal a
disquete previamente criada.

Certifique-se que o driver seleccionado ├Г┬й mesmo o da disquete.

ATEN├Г ├Г O que para o Win 2003SBS o ├В┬┤S├В┬┤e o ├В┬┤E├В┬┤ podem estar trocados ou seja quando ├Г┬й solicitado para pressionar o ├В┬┤E├В┬┤ pode ter que pressionar o ├В┬┤S├В┬┤ e vice-versa

-> No final e ap├Г┬│s efectuada a instala├Г┬з├Г┬гo, fa├Г┬зa o download do HP Proliant Support Pack ver.7.10A e instale no servidor
<>

Thanks a lot to help me!! all of you!!