New Discussion

Re: Hard drive compatibility

SOLVED
Go to solution
fgonza2222
Visitor

Hard drive compatibility

Hello hope you're doing great!

We've a HP ML110 G9 oldie server with soft RAID 1. Yesterday one drive has failed the model is MB2000GCWDA its a SATA hard drive 2TB and need to replace it.

I've find a hard drive model 801884-B21 in a retailer store and want to know if I can use it as replacement. 

Regards.

Fran

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

When the hard drive model number "MB2000GCWDA" is searched in the table "SATA Hot Plug Drives (LFF form factor)" in the "HPE SATA Drives - HDD/SSD Model Number Matrix" , there are multiple matches.

Hence, it is recommended to check the spare part number on the hard drive to identify its correct spare.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello fgonza2222,

The part 801884-B21 is supported on a ML110 Gen9 server. The part number matches the quickspecs of the server - https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c04545452

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
M_N_B
Occasional Contributor

Silly question re your response, can you explain the significance (why) between HPE P/N vs Spare P/N, e.g P51133-002 vs Spare P/N P30563?  

SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello M_N_B,
Part Number is an assembly part number that's used by the factory. (Not much relevance to a end-user)
Spare Part Number is what is needed if a replacement drive needs to be ordered/replaced. 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @fgonza2222,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo