ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1768301 Members
2459 Online
108966 Solutions
New Discussion

How to add additional drive to MRA with RAID-5 (Gen11 DL360)

NJK-Work1
Occasional Advisor

How to add additional drive to MRA with RAID-5 (Gen11 DL360)

On a DL360 Gen11 with a "HPE MR408i-o Gen11" RAID controller, we have a RAID-5 setup with 3 disks.  We want to add a forth disk to this array so that we can expand disk space.  I have been trying to use the MR Storage Administrator utility (Windows Server 2022 OS) but cannot find any method to add a disk to the array.  When I click the array element, all I see is "hide logical drives" in the "Elements Actions" section.

Does anyone know how to do this?  I believe we used to be able to do this with previous models with the SmartArray controller installed.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
shuff
Valued Contributor

Re: How to add additional drive to MRA with RAID-5 (Gen11 DL360)

seems like you are looking for the Controller Actions/Config section as mentioned in the detailed steps+references here

NJK-Work1
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, that solution only creates a brand new array - and it would only be RAID-0 since it is just one disk.  I need to be able to add to the existing RAID, not create a second one.

Thanks.

shuff
Valued Contributor

The 'Modify Array' feature has some caveats listed here: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sd00002176en_us&page=GUID-29FA0C8A-C2E5-4F5A-988F-2B77772F912A.html

I don't know if you ran into one of them?