New Discussion юеВ

How to configure RIAD control

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

Re: How to configure RIAD control

Hi Tareq Tamimi

For installing windows2003!you need to configure the logical drive in the raid level
pleas let me know is it an new installation?
If yes you need to do some changes in the bios level .you need to enable raid in advance setting .then only the Controller will be detect
other vice it own detect ,if you are changed the options there the controller will be display in the post screen ,then you can create the raid level and install the OS

Please let me know if you are already did this!
Tareq Tamimi
Occasional Advisor

HI , Johan thank you for advice again
is my point to install windows server 2003 but i cant untile creat logical drive . and i cant creat any logical drive coz tehre is no any option point for RAID or SCSI controller configration during POST . i duble check the BIOS to enable RAID inside advance option but this option ( Enable RAID ) not found in all BIOS just " 64bit/133 Mhz u320 PCI-X Dual channel HBA "
im also ubdate the bios to last vetrsion avilable , i dont know if there is any update or frimware need it before install OS ? thanx for all for advice
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have no raid adapter and just a straight scsi adapter you will not be able to hardware raid your disks.
if you can see no disks during your install check your disks are physically ok (no fault leds) and check internal cabling from drive bay to scsi adapter.

fwiw

Tareq Tamimi
Occasional Advisor

Hi , mark hunt thanx for your advice
i can see my Hard disk now after replace my , it was my cable problem . but is there any option to creat / configure logical drive i have 3 SCSI HD 72.8 G.B
I have the bootable HP SmartStart CD version 7.60. I followed the steps outlined but when I got to the Select Array Controller it said that none were found. So, I used the f8 key when I rebooted and it says it found two HPSCSI cards. 1. HP Ultra4 Dual Channel at slot 0 port 0and 2. HP Ultra4 Dual Channel at slot 0 port 1It says that the current configuration is:SCSI Card ID: 2 Reset SCSI Bus at IC Initialization: EnabledCurrent Domain Validation Scheme: Full
is there any way for configration ratehr than F8 , and if i install OS can i configure the SCSI RAID later under windows server 2003 OS ?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, it does not seem like you have a SCSI RAID controller.