ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755699 Members
3236 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to Get the Data of HP ML350 G6 Server, Failed MotherBoard with 3 Hard Disk - RAID5

mujeeb_mohd
Occasional Contributor

How to Get the Data of HP ML350 G6 Server, Failed MotherBoard with 3 Hard Disk - RAID5

I have a HP ML 350G6 Server for which Mother Board got failed with 3 Hard Disk Configured as RAID5. How can I retreive my data from those hard disk. I got another Server HP ML 380 G7 Server, If i put the Hard Disk of my Old Server, can i able to boot it and recover my data. Please Help !!

P.S.This thread has ben moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) - HP Forums Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: How to Get the Data of HP ML350 G6 Server, Failed MotherBoard with 3 Hard Disk - RAID5

The ML350 G6 and DL380 G7 both have HP Smart Arrays by default (AFAIK there is no ML380 G7). With Smart Array the config is also stored on the disk. So if you move the disks to another server, the controller should find the RAID config on the disks. Probably best if they disks are in the same order as on the ML350 G6 - should they also be in the same "port"?