ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752808 Members
5904 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How to install Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit onto HP Proliant DL160 G6?

tshewangp

How to install Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit onto HP Proliant DL160 G6?

have 2 HP Proliant DL160 G6 servers installed with Windows Server 2008 R2. However, when I try to install Windows Server 2016 Standard onto it, I am not able to see my hard drives which are configured with RAID 1+0. Therefore, I would like to know if I can do something with these servers else it is going to be a waste whereby I cannot have my new domain controllers configured with Windows Server 2016 Standard. Your help or valuable comments would be highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to install Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit onto HP Proliant DL160 G6?

Hi,

Windows 2016 is not supported on this server, please refer to this link.
According to OS Matrix, Windows 2008 R2 is also not compatible on this server.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ingerni

Re: How to install Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit onto HP Proliant DL160 G6?

tu puedes instalar el SO mediante los controladores de la RAID copiando en un USB y cargar dichos controladores al momento en que deberia llistar el disco curo