108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Query: HP DL325 Gen10 - Can't see NVME

S3BS
Established Member

HP DL325 Gen10 - Can't see NVME

Hi,

We have a HP DL325 Gen 10 (v1).

The disks in the front are 8 x 480GB SSDs which I can see in Smart Storage Controller.

We also have a 2SFF connected as seen here HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Server User Guide (Page 119 at the top "Cable routing: 2SFF NVMe drive cage")

However, for the life of me I can not get these 2 NVME disks to appear at all, in the SATA software raid or the RAID card connected to the device. 

3 REPLIES 3
shuff
Advisor

Re: HP DL325 Gen10 - Can't see NVME

The NVMe drives connected to the 2SFF NVMe drive cage on your HP DL325 Gen 10 (v1) server might not be visible because they are not supported by the SATA software RAID or the RAID card connected to the device. NVMe drives require a specific type of controller to be recognized and managed. You may need to install an NVMe compatible controller to manage these drives.

support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP DL325 Gen10 - Can't see NVME

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Plus v2 server - Overview

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: HP DL325 Gen10 - Can't see NVME

Hello @S3BS,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo