1754992 Members
3470 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DL360e Gen8 not rebuild Data Automatically

hazem_bdr

HP DL360e Gen8 not rebuild Data Automatically

Hello

I have HP DL360e Gen8 Raid 5 in controller P420 after replacing Faulty HDD with new one (windows is running no issue) the Rebuild Process Never start for long time, i have to restart the server to get attached Massage and after that the process start normally, My information that the rebuild should starting automatically even the OS is running without restart the server, so can you help please ( the intelligent Provision not working because the error of NAND read failure.

1786-Slot X Drive Array Recovery Needed

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HP DL360e Gen8 not rebuild Data Automatically

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant Gen8 Troubleshooting Guide Volume II: Error Messages (.chm - to view save to hard drive)

2. HP ProLiant DL360e Gen8 Server - "NO HARD DISK FOUND" Error During CentOS 6.3 Installation

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Bunsol
HPE Pro

Ideally the rebuild should complete however if this is not able to rebuild then logs needs to be checked if there are any medium errors which is not allowing the rebuild to complete. It may also be possible that there is a firmware mismatch between the drive and the controller not allowing the rebuild to complete. We would recommend you to backup data and then log a support ticket so that this can be checked.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
hazem_bdr

Hello

i dont have support contract , hpe will accept the tiket ? 

Bunsol
HPE Pro

You can still log a case and get the diagnosis done and if the server is out of contract then they will let you know the charges if any.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo