1755220 Members
5130 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DL360P Proliant GEN 8 - Windows Setup unable to Image Drives

Kingdevelops
Frequent Visitor

HP DL360P Proliant GEN 8 - Windows Setup unable to Image Drives

HP ProLiant DL360 gen8 in a test lab. It has an HP Smart Array P420I Controller, with a few arrays configured on it.

I'm attempting to image one of the drives available (can't see all of arrays I configured) with Windows Server 2016 / 2019 / 2022 , and all 3 are throwing an error when I try to select the disk for the OS.

It displays "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an exiting one...."

I ran Diskpart commands (clean, create primary partition, format quick ntfs, active) which has fix other servers that I've had with this same error, but doesn't fix it on this server.

This is the first HP server I've gotten, not sure If i'm missing something in the Array Controller or in the Bios that needs to be checked to?

I was able to image Ubuntu to see if it has the ability to image to the drive and it did (Raided and Non-Raided Drives)

Not sure if I'm missing Service Pack or Driver? But i'm unable to image the drives with Windows Server 2012 - 2022, It throws the same error for all verisions of Windows when attempting to image the drives. It also can't see the raided drives not sure what's going on exactly. 

Thank you for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: HP DL360P Proliant GEN 8 - Windows Setup unable to Image Drives

Hi,

I would use Intelligent Provisioning to configure RAID and Arrays.
Referr to Using HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA)

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Kingdevelops
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
IтАЩve created several arrays and raid configs and it still throws the windows setup error when selecting the drive I want to image with windows. IтАЩm able to image the server with Ubuntu or XCP-NG itтАЩs just not liking windows server.

Windows Setup Errror: IтАЩve used disk part to wipe the drive, format it, create a primary partition and still getting the same errror:

We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.
Tam92
HPE Pro

You may use the online SSA 

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?language=en_US&collectionId=MTX-abaccb82bf354c4b

Also check the driver and firmware for the controller on https://support.hpe.com/  

Make sure it is updated to the latest.

Thanks,
TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Kingdevelops
Frequent Visitor

@Tam92 

Hey, still no luck. Are there drivers that need to be loaded in to the iso image for it to work with this array controller? IтАЩve never done that in the past for other server.

The Array Controller is up to date with the latest firmware that is available.