1754019 Members
7540 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP ML 310e - 2008 R2 doesn't see optical drive and I can't find drivers

Nonapeptide
Occasional Contributor

HP ML 310e - 2008 R2 doesn't see optical drive and I can't find drivers

I have an HP ML 310e Gen8 server running SBS 2011 (in essence Server 2008 R2). The OS does not see the optical drive. I don't even see it in device manager. There are two devices that have yellow alert signs next to them, but they do not appear to be an optical drive. The OS only sees the two logical drives attached to the P222 controller.

The optical drive works before the OS loads. I've booted from the optical drive to use the Proliant Service Pack just fine. It's just the OS that doesn't see it. Msinfo32 doesn't see anything at all.

I've looked on the 310e Gen8 support page but don't see any drivers associated with the optical drive. I've run the Proliant Service Pack and installed all applicable drivers, firmware, and management software. I'd go to the vendor's site that manufactured the optical drive, but I don't know what kind of optical drive is in the server. It's remote and I can't get inside of it. Does anyone know where the drivers are for the optical drive in the 310e Gen8 server?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > General to to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum moderator