5449 Online
108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML350 G5 drive firmware upgrade

PaGe_1
Occasional Contributor

HP ML350 G5 drive firmware upgrade

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to upgrade the hard disks' firmware if they are in a RAID5 array on an E200i SAS controller. The disks are Seagate Savvio 15k (ST973451SS) 73GB ones. If yes, how?

I downloaded the Firmware Maintenance CD (v8.1) but the Smart Updater Manager says that there is no drive with upgradeable firmware. I think these drives are identical to HP DH072ABAA6 drives which have HPD7 firmware available.

Thanks for any help and comment.
3 REPLIES 3
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP ML350 G5 drive firmware upgrade

Hi,

U may try this: (HPD9)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-8feb0f5355f548f9bde238c6e7

If the Smart Update Manager says that there is nothing to be updated, you may either use an old Firmware CD or just you have the latest firmware :)

The utility in the link is online, so it should work.

Kind regards,
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Are the Disks HP branded? if not I don't think you can use HP's firmware on them. They search for the modelnumber to se which firmware applies so HP firmware maintenance CD is out and so is the link posted here above.

I recomend that you search seagates support site after the Firmware for the disks. Or use SEATOOLS Enterprise to get info on the disk and how to download Disk FW if it's not HP branded.

If it's HP branded call hp and ask which firmware to use.
PaGe_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. It turned out that these drives were not HP branded and therefore the firmware update wsa not possible.
Cheers,

PaGe