1753504 Members
5097 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP ML350 G6 doesn't boot (blackscreen), ILO unresponsive

peterepeat
Occasional Contributor

HP ML350 G6 doesn't boot (blackscreen), ILO unresponsive

I have a ML350 G6 that doesn't boot with ILO being completely unresponsive. Status LEDs look inconspicous. Pressing the power button makes the fans start up and the power LED light up green, but no VGA signal is put out. I tried booting with system maintenance switch 6 in ON position to clear CMOS and NVRAM, but that doesn't do anything. I have meanwhile replaced the mainboard but the problem persists. Since I have no idea what IP the ILO is gonna be on, I portscanned 192.168.0.0/16 with no result. Please advise with alternate solutions.
3 REPLIES 3
Harsh_b
HPE Pro

Re: HP ML350 G6 doesn't boot (blackscreen), ILO unresponsive

Hello Peter, 

my suggestions are :-

Have you tried to check with minimum configuration ? 1 CPU and minimum memory 

refer to https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01727710

please ensure that no add on 3rd party cards are installed 

Please check there is no amber / fault led on front panel or system board

Try swapping the processors in case 2 CPUs are installed

check with 1 power supply and swapping them 

if still does not help then i would suggest to log a support case with HPE to troubleshoot further on this issue. 

Regards

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
peterepeat
Occasional Contributor

I had tried minimum configuration with the old mainboard to no avail. TBH I don't see how any modules would affect the state of the ILO, but if it makes you happy I'll do one more experiment with the new board. FWIW the PSU backplane has also been swapped /but/ I have soldered a voltage converter to it. The reason is that I'm running all five 5.25" bays full of 2.5" drives in hot swap racks. Hooking those up to the one rail supplying the factory equipped molex plugs made the machine brownout at boot. I have tapped a 12V line going to the 3.5" hot swap bay and using the voltage converter to produce 5V from it also. Half of my 2.5" drives are on this improvised second rail. This worked so far but I'm not ruling out the possibility that I've trashed the PSU backplane. Would the symptoms fit? I do not have a HPE support contract. Is it still possible to open a ticket? If not, I'm all out of ideas and I'd be real grateful if you had any more. Thanks!
Harsh_b
HPE Pro

Hello Peter, 

Could you please provide the setup photos to understand what changes you have done in components (i.e soldered a voltage converter)

Regards

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo