ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754966 Members
3124 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant Agentless Management Service, Using large amount of System Memory

SOLVED
Go to solution
Harrell0
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant Agentless Management Service, Using large amount of System Memory

I have a DL380p Gen 8, running Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. The HP Proliant Agentless Management Service is using about 223GB of the 384GB of system memory. 

Can anyone tell me why its using that much and how to make it stop using that much.

Service using lots of memeory.png

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HP Proliant Agentless Management Service, Using large amount of System Memory

Hi,

DL380p Gen8 is not compatible with Server 2019.  The last supported OS is 2008 R2.
https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows_archived.aspx

Just FYI because I dont know which version of AMS you have installed on this server.
AMS Version: 9.60.0.0 (7 Apr 2014), had a fix "A memory leak that could cause the Agentless Management Service to rapidly consume all of the available memory on the system."

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor

Looks like a Memory Leak.

Restart the Service, then Update to permanently fix it.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.