2956 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Proliant DL380 G5 Stuck on windows boot while installation process

MohandassPydi
Occasional Visitor

HP Proliant DL380 G5 Stuck on windows boot while installation process

Hi All,

We have a HP DL380 G5 Server which was running Windows Server 2008 acting as Domain and file server. The server has been running fine since we bought it brand new several years ago until one morning i found it stuck on windows loading boot screen. I had tried repairing many times thinking it was a disk failure or the raid controller battery failure. The was a disk which failed and the raid battery also failed.

i didn't bother reinstalling the windows to the good disk drives but it still hang at windows loading boot screen. 

Please help to resolve the issue. i can't figure out the issue until now.

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro

Hi @MohandassPydi,

Did the Windows reinstallation complete without problems? 

Please make sure that the RAID array if present for the OS logical drive is deleted and re-created in case there was some logical drive corruption associated with previous disk failures. 

Also do ensure that the server components are running on the latest available firmware versions. 

If the above does not help resolve the problem it is better to capture relevant diagnostic reports and contact HPE support.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
MohandassPydi
Occasional Visitor

The Installation process could not start. i was stuck on the Loading screen. (black screen with microsoft corporation written below loading bar.

Please help.