1754976 Members
3318 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Proliant Technical Support Poll

fishmn
Regular Advisor

HP Proliant Technical Support Poll

Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum for this but I have to vent somewhere and it is obvious that HP doesn't want feedback on their technical support performance or lack thereof.. try to find a link on this labrynth of a web site to feedback.

Background: I'm a long time HP customer and sys engineer supporting mostly Proliant systems for over 10 years.

I have found that HP technical support has been spiralling seriously downward in quality over the last several years. I believe this is due in large part to their choice to offshore technical support to Asia.

Case in point: I called in a bad system board on a DL585 last Friday. I spent 50 minutes on the phone trying to setup a case (we are a large HP customer with a support contract). The two English second language technician's that I spoke with could only manage to create a temporary case due to their DB being down in the middle of the business day. I can't tell you how many times I've had to repeat simple things like street address to these guys.. Anyway, I was assured that I would have a tech with a system board Monday morning on site to replace it..

Monday morning comes, no phone call, no tech. I call back and find that my case was left out to dry and never followed through on. We had to re-initiate the case from the beginning.. another 40 minutes on the phone with a new ESL person whom I had to repeat my street address several times to. 5 hours later (we have a 4 hour response contract) we finally have a tech on site.

Point is, this is a recurring theme. I'm not trying to be racist or otherwise but the language disconnect coupled with what is clear to me a system without proper controls is leaving customers out to dry. It may be cheaper on the surface for HP to offshore, but to us customers it is a less than satisfying experience.

Anybody else agree?

Regards,

Ron Fisher
7 REPLIES 7
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Proliant Technical Support Poll

Hi Ron,

Could you please post the case number so that we can have a look into it?

Regards,
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Most of our cases we currently submit through ITRC-"support case manager".
also this channel has incidental problems,
(database down) but mostly the calls are quicker registered then by telephone.
When a call is properly registered you receieve a confirmation e-mail.
Also progresss is trackable.
Rackem4me
Frequent Advisor

Ron,
If you have a contract with 4 hour support, (Gold?) I would imagine that you have a Technical Account Manager. Have you brought this up with your TAM? My company has monthly meetings with the TAM to discuss issues like this and get them resolved. It generally seems to work.

By the way, I agree with you that support is getting worse.
Jim
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Last years tendencies show that not only HP practicing to send technical support offshore. It├в s common movement to save some resources on the technical service, for In-Warranty products. Off course there will be room for debate about language problem of some agents, however look in the different way: yearly cost to keep army of agents in NA, can be equivalently used to reduce cost of actual Hardware. Would you rather buy server for $2000 or $3000?
I'm totally on your side and understand you perfectly, and personally don't like process when local companies cuts work places and sending overseas, we won't be able to stop it; it's like fail over process, one after another company tries to open overseas helpdesk.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Jim is right take case number to Account Manager if you have one assigned to your company
Rashminder Singh

Hi Ron,

Case number here will be a great help to track the root cause. However agreeing with everyone, you need to get in touch with your TAM.
I am a Tech Support Engineer with HP Server Support and would appreciate your reply.

Regards,
Rashminder
fishmn
Regular Advisor

I was asked by the moderator not to post this poll here. He created a case number to look into this issue.

The original temporary case number was 3900204170. The real case number that I was assigned Monday was 3214703580.