4461 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

HP provisioning Windows Server 2016

90Ninety
Advisor

HP provisioning Windows Server 2016

Hi  

My ML310 Gen8 Will not detect  Windows Server 2016 media on USB sticks formatted in both NTFS and eXFAT . I have tried both burning the ISO with RUFUS and simply the Provisioning tool does  not have option to continue as there is no image, or mounted ISO seen 

Spec 

ML310 G8 V1 ( J04 BIOS 4/4/2019) 

Intelligent Provisioning Version 1.63.192

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HP provisioning Not detecting USB Windows Server

Latest Intelligent Provisioning version is 1.71, you run 1.63.

Maybe this makes a difference.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
90Ninety
Advisor

I will try 

I previosuly tried an older version , did not work either  . I also heard that 2.X versions work with Gen 8, despite the official release notes 

No clear guidance on what formats should be used , or if the USB should be bootable or not . 

I hope to god , newer generation HPE servers have better 'Usability' . 

90Ninety
Advisor

Where is IP version 1.71 

According to the HP's website version 1.63 is the latest 

https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?category=IP

90Ninety
Advisor

The plot thinkens as this experience with HPE become more and more murky, geesh  :s 

According to this thread , I need version 1.64B 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-Netservers/Intelligent-Provisioning-and-Windows-Server-2016-on-ProLiant/td-p/6929531#.XjAbjyEYCY8

However there is no mention of this within the HP IP download page . above .( Get it toghether HP !!!) 

God help us 

90Ninety
Advisor

Re: WIndows set up error

So I found 1.71 and installed it . The automatic Provisioning started well,  the ISO was derected and the files were copied to the Primary Array .  

The Provisioning finished then re-started then loaded the  WIndows splash screen ( Blue logo , with White dots ) then  after some scripts were displayed . Now I am facing yet another problem , I have a 'Windows Sertup' Error '  (windows cannot find the microsoft software licence terms . Please make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation )

Error.PNG

Arghhhhhhh ! Why is this happening , these HP servers are teting my sanity ?????

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

While Intelligent Provision is a helpful tool, it is not required to install an OS.  Once you have the hardware and/or array configured, just boot your OS media and install.  You can apply the SPP once the OS is installed to update any specific HPE drivers you may need

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
90Ninety
Advisor

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

While Intelligent Provision is a helpful tool, 

Cant see how this is helpful if it doesnt work . Tried serveral versions  different USB sticks several ISO's , every time I ran the IP  I have experienced 'Deal-Breaking' bugs . I can't be the only person having this problem. I suspect HP have abandoned older Gen server software . 

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

You can apply the SPP once the OS is installed to update any specific HPE drivers you may need

I suppose this does everthing IP would do right?  If so  Thanks 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) provides a consolidated set of solution-tested firmware, drivers, and system software (agents, utilities, etc.)  http://www.hpe.com/info/spp

You can also download all the drivers and utilities individually 
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/5249599/hpe-proliant-ml310e-gen8-server?ismnp=0&l5oid=5249594#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!