1755323 Members
3686 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP PSP 8.15 HP support From Redhat

Rich Garcia_1
Occasional Contributor

HP PSP 8.15 HP support From Redhat

I am looking at installing PSP8.15 on RHEL 4.06 and Red Hat 3.4, does anyone know if I do not have redhat support from HP and instead use IBM if something no longer works after the PSP upgrade will HP support any issues that are experienced after the install and has anyone had any issues with this. IBM states that they will not support changes to stock drivers.
2 REPLIES 2
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Re: HP PSP 8.15 HP support From Redhat

Hi,

Can you explain a bit more on what your issue is?

Regards,
Shiraj.
Rich Garcia_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP PSP 8.15 HP support From Redhat

I am not really having an issue but I just want to be aware how and what kind of support I can expected from HP in regards to problems with a server after loading their PSP. If I have a certain Redhat build and I load a PSP and then something stops working, even if I do not have Redhat support under HP will I still get the support required from HP.
I am an AS400 guy and I am used to one stop shopping if something related to hardware / software breaks, straight to IBM I go. But Now I am working with Open source Redhat on HP machinges with IBM supporting Redhat. Just because HP states that they their PSP is certified by Redhat that does not seem to make a big differnece from Redhat support through IBM. IBM only supports the stock drivers on Redhat.