1748255 Members
4110 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Dignostic util gets systemdiags.efi.sig file not found

DJ4
Occasional Advisor

HPE Dignostic util gets systemdiags.efi.sig file not found

I have installed Intelligent provisioning 3.46 (latest ver) and after that when I try to run the diagnostic util I get another error, SystemDiags.efi.sig not found. 

I have tried to turn off the secure boot but still same failure, I have also updated the server to the latest spp 2020.03.2 but still same failure, SystemDiags.efi.sig not found.

Is it possible to put the sig file manually to the boot, where can I get the sig file from?

9 REPLIES 9
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Dignostic util gets systemdiags.efi.sig file not found

Greetings!

Was it working fine before installing IP version 3.46?

The .sig file that you have referred to is part of IP. Have you tried downgrading IP or re-installing IP?

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DJ4
Occasional Advisor

Yes it was working before installing 3.46

I downloaded the iso for  3.46 and tried to search for the sig-file after mounting the iso, couldent find it on older IR iso's either. 
Maybe its some secure boot feature that have been activated for the latest IR version but HP forgot to add the sig-file? 

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

I have checked in one of our lab servers and see the same issue. 

However you can run hardware validation tool from Intelligent Provioning and then run extensive test on the hardware. You may also set number of loops to run the test.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DJ4
Occasional Advisor

Greetings!
Thanks for checking. I have run the embeded programs and that way it works.
The only problem now is that I get: : Hard Drive Long DST check Warning, (see attached pic).
What does this mean?

The server has been problematic for a long time, (it hangs sporadic once a month)
Err.png 

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

There could be some underlying issue with the hard drive.

To get the drives and the overall server health checked, please generate the AHS logs (methods mentioned on link below) and log a support ticket to get it analyzed.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/DL360pGen8/tsg/advanced/Content/150999.htm 

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
DJ4
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I will do that

JHofmeister
HPE Pro

Q: Was this problem first seen at your site after updating Intelligent Provisioning (IP) on a server that is booted as Legacy boot mode?

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

DJ4
Occasional Advisor

The problem with the System extensive test ant the Warninmg: Hard Drive Long DST check 
Has been there all the time, with older IP versions and latest IP version. In one IP version I dont get any warning at all because IP hangs, harve tried several times with same result.

I have also tested to disconnect hdd backplane one by one. When disconnecting the middle backplane the warning dissapears. After this all the hdds connected to the middle backplane, the backpnane itself, the sas cable, the raid card and the motherboard was replaced.
When running the System extensive after replacement of all these parts the problem still presisted. 
This is very strange and the server is not working well (problematic disk gets corrupted after some time).
I am out of ideas, the server is up to date regarding everything. 

JHofmeister
HPE Pro

This issue is duplicated in HPE test labs while installing Intelligent Provisioning 3.46 in server BIOS Legacy boot mode.  The resolution is to install Intelligent Provisioning >= 3.50.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo