HPE DL360 Gen9 - Not working install Windows Server 2019 from USB

I have:
HP Proliant DL360 Gen9
BIOS: P89 v2.30 (09/13/2016)
System Memory: 128GB
2 x CPU Intel Xeon CPU E5-2696 v4 @ 2.20GHz
RAID: Smart Array P440ar
Mod bios: UEFI BIOS

I am trying to install Windows Server 2019 from a USB and I am encountering the following problem: when I reach the stage where I need to select the SSD on which I want to install the operating system, I get the message:

Load driver:

A media driver your computer needs is missing, This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with driver on it, please insert it now. ....

On the USB stick, I have placed the Smart Array P440ar Controller driver (C:\proliant\HpCISS3.inf). I select this driver, but it still doesn't work. I get the message:

No new devices drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.

I downloaded the driver from here: https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?collectionId=MTX-32cb58a13b764af9&tab=productsImpacted

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
rabindra11sharm
Regular Advisor

Re: HPE DL360 Gen9 - Not working install Windows Server 2019 from USB

Dear  Sterica 

Please update firmwwares first. put a ISO copy of windwos server 2019 on your laptop. connect your laptop directly with server iLO port. open iLO console. open remote connection. mount ISO image as virtual optical drive. boot your server via F10 Intelligent Provisioning. choose option setup or deplyment. follow the instalation process. 

NOTE: Confirmly check/manualy insert Administrator Password.

for more quaries, feel free to reach us.

MV3
HPE Pro

Re: HPE DL360 Gen9 - Not working install Windows Server 2019 from USB

Hello,

Please follow the recommendations below to install the OS manually.

Pre-requisites:

Download the ISO image of the operating system.
Download the SA controller driver from the HPE support webpage and extract it into a folder.

Procedure:

Mount the OS ISO image in ILO.
Mount the SA controller driver in the ILO folder (browse and select the folder where you have extracted the SA controller driver). Alternatively, you can store it on a USB drive.
Boot the server from the OS ISO image and provide the SA controller driver when prompted during the OS installation.
Once the OS is installed, run an online SPP update to update all drivers and firmware to the latest versions.

Cheers....

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE DL360 Gen9 - Not working install Windows Server 2019

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Sterica
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: HPE DL360 Gen9 - Not working install Windows Server 2019

I made the bootable USB with Rufus, and I was selecting MBR for the partition scheme. After choosing GPT, things worked.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Sterica,

We are glad to know you were able to find the solution and thank you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
rabindra11sharm
Regular Advisor

Dear  Sterica 

I am glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out, we are here to help.

Thanks....