108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Service Level

SOLVED
Go to solution
StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

HPE Service Level

HPE's services are getting worse and worse: lack of after-sales support, lack of people to talk to.

I have to implement a server purchased 5 years ago but no one supports it.

As a reseller I will NEVER sell an HPE server again.

9 REPLIES 9
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Service Level

Hi @StefanoBiggi ,
   On the basis of your service level agreements and contracts, HPE will provide the support.
   Please provide the Server model and the issue you are facing currently.   We will assist you.
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

Customer has an HPE DL380 Gen9 843556-425 server and needs to increase the number of disks.

The RAID controller (49796-001 Smart Array P440ar)  has two outputs and both are in use. 

What do we have to do? Is possible have more cable or do I need to install a new controller?

We find no support despite the server being under maintenance with HPE and no response from HPE!

StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

HPE replied that it only provides support for faults!!!!

shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Hi @StefanoBiggi ,
    The controller supports more that two disks. For more detail on this, you can refer Smart controller 440ar quickspecs (page no.2). 
    For any other detail about the DL380 Gen9 server, you can refer the quickspecs.
sata.JPG

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution' and give me 'Kudos' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

I'm sorry. I badly explained myself. 

On this server we have already an array of 8 HD. We need to expand the server with another array of 8 HD.

The first array is on the right, the second new array is on the left.

Can you give us the correct part number to order for do this?

Thanks

shiva_jr
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @StefanoBiggi ,
      I believe, the SAS expander card will help you to expand the disk usage up to 28 drives.
     Refer this document and you can procure this with help of HPE Support engineer, raise the support ticket. 
Regards,
Shiva_JR

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

StefanoBiggi
Occasional Advisor

Hello.

This card is for HPE DL38X Gen10!! Not DL38X GEN9!!

Thanks but this isn't any help. And, as I wrote, HPE support (engineer or not) did not help me!!

ngnear
HPE Pro

Hi There,

You can check the DL380 Gen10 spare part list here - 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00019686en_us&docLocale=en_US

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
ryanavarisource
Advisor

Gen9 used 727250-B21 SAS Expander which allows you to use the P440 for up to 24 bays as long as you have room in your primary riser.  

HP 12Gb SAS Expander Card with Cables for DL380 Gen9 727250-B21
NOTE: SAS expander to enable 24SFF field upgrade.
NOTE: Primary population in slot2 or 3 of the Primary Riser.

We are an HPE house in the US- feel free to PM any questions although we mostly do current systems.