1755534 Members
4409 Online
108834 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ilo license install

Avon_1

Ilo license install

Recieved demo Advanced license key , yet when I attemp to install the key I get an error that the key was rejected .

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Re: Ilo license install

reapply for the key and watch for caps and noughts and zeros
Avon_1

I have reapplied , the key is the same..

License key: 34T6L-4C9PX-X8D9C-GYD26-8SQWM

I have update the firmware to the latest, removed any existing keys via SSH: delete /map1 license

please help, the machien is offline, I can reboot via ILo yet the machien is stuck at bootup somewhere.

Thanks
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Since you did not mention server model, are you sure you are downloading the proper demo key? iLO, iLO2, or LO100

In your 2nd message you mentioned removing an earlier key. If you had in the past already applied a trial or demo key, you cannot remove it an apply another trial or demo key.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Avon_1

It is a DL380 G5.

And yes there was a demo key years ago on the device. I typically do not need th ILO as this is for a scholl and physical access is as easy a s a 20 minute drive. Yet holiday break has me locked out.

Will a factory reset of the card allow me to install another demo license ?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I don't think a factory reset will help.

Before you try a factory reset be sure you know the original iLO2 administrator password as the user accounts will get cleared during reset
Avon_1

Thanks, I wish it was possible to buy a 1 day advanced license for 20 bucks. Killing me that i can not see the os screen.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

a last option short of purchasing the needed advanced license key is to use the Virtual Serial Port (VSP) to access Windows EMS console. You may have to reboot the server and enable EMS console access in RBSU