1756310 Members
3351 Online
108844 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Intelligent Provisioning on ML30 Gen10

Stanos_Herkanor
Occasional Contributor

Intelligent Provisioning on ML30 Gen10

I am trying to deploy Windows Server 2019 Essentials using Intelligent provisioning but I have come across an issue where I cannot configure the OS partition size. If I go through all the prompts intelligent provisioning ends up deploying Windows Server 2019 with all of the the raid volumes storage allocated to the C drive. Is there a way to workaround this?

2 REPLIES 2
Martinnn
HPE Pro

Re: Intelligent Provisioning on ML30 Gen10

Hello Stanos_Herkanor,

This might require deep analysis hence you could open a support case on this matter.

On the other hand there is also possibility to create RAID using SSA (Smart Storage Administrator) then install Windows without using IP.

Accept or Kudo
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: Intelligent Provisioning on ML30 Gen10

Hi,

You can follow below steps to install OS outside Intelligent Provisioning:

Create an Array and logical drives from SSA. 

Note: By default Raid mode is disable so enable it in the RBSU as per the steps below:

Ensure that Boot mode is set to UEFI in the RBSU.

1. Reboot the server.
  2. Access UEFI System Utilities by pressing F9 (System Utilities) during POST.
  3. Select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Storage Options > SATA Controller Options > Embedded SATA Configuration > Smart Array SW RAID Support and press the Enter key.
  4. In the SATA Controller Options screen, for the Embedded SATA configuration option, select Smart Array SW RAID Support from the drop-down menu and click OK.

If you see the warning Important: Smart Array SW RAID is not supported when the Boot Mode is configured in Legacy BIOS Mode, click OK.

5. Press F12: Save and Exit.
  6. To save changes, click Yes-Save Changes.
  7. Click Reboot.

Boot with OS media/Mount OS image from ILO,

Reboot and continue to install Operating system.(follow the onscreen instruction, it will ask you to select the volume where you want to install the OS)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo