1758260 Members
3149 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LCD ERROR # 02

Erin_23
Occasional Contributor

LCD ERROR # 02

I have a Proliant 1600R (dual PII 450, 512MB RAM, 5x 9.1GB drives) that will not boot past this message on the IMD:

COMPAQ LCD MODEL 56022
LCD FIRMWARE 1.9
LCD ERROR # 02

Any ideas? The service manual I found for this machine does not mention any type of LCD error codes like this....

Thanks!

_erin
5 REPLIES 5
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Re: LCD ERROR # 02

Easyest....change the IMD setting in setup, and remove all the cables from motherboard, so you will not use LCD any more...
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Erin_23
Occasional Contributor

Well, with this error, I cannot get the computer to even boot up... How can I remove the LCD using Setup if I cannot get it to boot?

If I remove the LCD panel physically and reset the NVRAM, would that do it?

Here's what happens when I power it on:

LCD comes on, says:

"COMPAQ LCD MODEL 56022
LCD FIRMWARE 1.9"

then it waits maybe 20 - 30 seconds and then displays:

"LCD ERROR # 02"

then the SCSI drives all power up. The machine does not beep, nor provide video to the monitor.

Thanks for any help!

_erin
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

Well, try disconecting the LCD from the motherboard...for starters...IF LCD is the reason for your system not going up than this will alow you to boot the server...Do you by any chance have an RILO board installed?..
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Paul Simpson_2

Hello Erin,
I have the same error here. Although my system will boot.

The server is a Proliant 3000, when I first got the server it didnt have the LCD Pannel installed, someone had removed it.

When I found a new LCD and installed it, it powered up, showed exactly the same info as you posted, it then started to spin up the disks and then reported the LCD Error 02.

If anyone can shed some light on the situation I would be really apreciative.
Cheers
Paul
Erin_23
Occasional Contributor

Well, I got the server to boot by unplugging the LCD panel as suggested. I've been living without it.

Thanks for the help, folks!

_erin