1754986 Members
3423 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Machine powers off after rebooting

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Machine powers off after rebooting

I just did a fresh install of Win2K Server. I then installed the Compaq application bundle, and rebooted. As Windows was coming up, the machine abrubtly powered itself off. I Powered it back on, and it came up fine, but the next time I set Windows to restart, it powered off during boot again. This happens every time I attempt to reboot.
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Machine powers off after rebooting

If you have a single power supply - that's a possibility. if you're still seeing this - email us at support@compaq.com with details
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

hello,

i have the same problem
in the past there was unixware on the machine without problems
i install a fresh installation of win2000
now i have the problem power off when i restart or power off after 4 hours working on the system
i have installed 3 power supply' s in the system and stops all the compaq agents.
now the system works for 5 days.

regards

ronny de munter
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have exactly same problem on 2 7000's that have fresh install of w2k. My 7000's have 3 power supplies each in.

Interestingly, did not have the problem until I updated the system configuration utility on one and then added ssd on the other, (ie old config + current ssd OK and new config and no ssd ok but new config new ssd not OK) however downgrading has not helped. Am frustrated!!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem. I have three power supplies, W2K Advanced Server SP2. The 7000 shuts down every hour. Compaq said it was a power backplane issue. They are on their way to replace it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have a cure!!!
sp16340.exe (download from ftp site)
Is a Firmware revision for P43 ROMS. It's not actually on the website as the latest rom, it was given to me by Compaq Tech Support. it has date of 12/28/99 instead of 12/27/99