108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Maximum Storage PL6000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Benjamin W. Hill
Occasional Advisor

Maximum Storage PL6000

I have a Proliant 6000, Quad Pentium Pro Server.
It has two drive cages with 10 9.1 gig drives attached now. They are attached to a Compaq 3200 Smart Array controller.
I would like to add some more drives to the third drive cage, but will need another controller, or use the onboard controller.
What is the maximum supported storage that can be used in this system?
TIA
Ben
Measure twice, cut once.
2 REPLIES 2
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Maximum Storage PL6000

Hi Benjamin,

Your 6000 specs says you have up to 3 internal drive cages, 1 internal drive cage standard. each cage holds 6 x 1" or 4 x 1.6" (can be mixed) hot plug disk drives, supports 18 x 1" or 12 x 1.6" disk drives with all 3 drive cages installed. And the there are 36.4 and 18.2 gig drive available WU SCSI-3. Now I would not sugg using the embedded scsi since the embedded scsi controller is not a raid array controller and any array configuration is not available to you.

claude

Re: Maximum Storage PL6000

Thanks for the reply, Claude.
I have purchased an additional Compaq Smart RAID controller, and plan to use it for the third drive cage.
I just need to know if there is a maximum amount of storage capacity that this server will support.
According to the Hard Drive Matrix obtained from the Compaq site, the largest drive supported by this machine is the IBM DGHS18Y(18.2).
Thanks,
Ben