5332 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

memory disabled hp proliant dl380 g7

cmjprous
Occasional Visitor

memory disabled hp proliant dl380 g7

HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server 

this server was in working cond, I had not run this server since I had run windows 8.1 on it as a testing reason, I originally had fedora server on it but the guy I bought it from could not remember the password well since then I had just installed server 2012 windows for data center, according to the notes, the system can see up to 192 GB of ram, but as it is coming up on my startup it low beeps then lists other memory disabled errors or notices and beeps each time. how do I engage this to properly read my 76 GB of ram, not 32, did I need to remove the old profile before I added the windows 8.1 and reconfigure the raid set up? I do not see what area I need to be in to make the correction and re-enable that ram to work without having to erase all the settings or the setting I set in for the raid array what have ya. last time I ever work ed on a server was my old Dell PowerEdge and it had older type drives up to 1gb of ram so, so id say this a big girl toy I'm dealing with now. 

I need this up and running soon as soon as possible.

Dr. Paige Roberts DD, DM
3 REPLIES 3
Jazz_ISS
HPE Pro

Re: memory disabled hp proliant dl380 g7

Hello, 

1. Check the SID panel (Systems insight display LEDs) for any fault with installed Memory Modules.
Refer:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c02215382

2.Check in ILO WEB GUI and check the status of installed memory modules.
3.Generate Offline Diagnostics to confirm any Memory modules have failed or not

Refer:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05064756

4.If possible reseat all Memory Modules just to ensure Memory Modules are seated firmly.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

cmjprous
Occasional Visitor

the lights are only showing 3 -4 and 6 WITH AMBER LIGHTS all worked before I plugged it in, I had to go to f8 and do some config changes before to re raid the hdds cause I had replaced 2 of them with 300 gb each, I then installed windows 8.1 to run a test on the system all worked fine then as well shouldn't I do a new profile setup? maybe because what I did it messed up the memory settings from the first set up when I bought it, the server has never run for months I just recently started this up and it flashed all these issues suddenly. I also took the cover off to be sure the ram was in fact in tightly THE LIGHTS ON THE DIMMS IS AMBER  THE REST ARE NOT SHOWING. it once said I had 36 megs of ram then now it's saying 49 oh and I do not have the smart cd I got this from a guy that was selling it off he had 2 one had 300gb of ram he installed fedora server forgot to password then I installed a Linux then decided to run microcap on it maybe they broke it people are always having broken windows lol.

Dr. Paige Roberts DD, DM
cmjprous
Occasional Visitor

the issue was the fact it was not fully attached into the slots I had moved the server and it must have come loose somehow ever on the server software the ram is only showing 49gb usable the other parts aren't showing on the system on server 2016. how to I get the system to see the full ram and CPU now? I mean in dx diag it showed it was open and usable with no limitations.

Dr. Paige Roberts DD, DM