ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1758873 Members
2429 Online
108876 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Memory on new Proliant DL360 G3

Nick_195

Memory on new Proliant DL360 G3

I've got a brand new DL360 G3 with a factory 1Gb of memory. I purchased an addtional 1Gb stick from a third party vendor. When installed the BIOS Memory Diagnostick runs and can see the additional stick, a total of 2024MB of memory. On initial startup the full 2 gig is seen also. Shortly after starting up this message appears:

'207-Invalid Memory Configuration
Single channel memory mode supports a single DIMM installed in DIMM socket 1. Please remove all other DIMMS or install memory in valid pairs.
System Halted.'

I'm stuck here. I have tried installing the pairs in different slots. Both will work installed by themselves but not together. What little I have found about error 207 does not help. I have also found nothing in setup that I can change get this working.

The installed stick is 1GB DDR PC2700 CL2.5 ECC. We have tried three different kinds of memory with this server, all of which our vendor claims is supposed to work for this specific Proliant model.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick
5 REPLIES 5
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

For DL360 G3
1-GB PC2100 266-MHz DDR SDRAM DIMM 300701-001

not PC2700

Nick_195

My mistake. I have a DL360 G4, not G3. The memory type used is PC2700.

What is strange is that I cannot perform a search for the memory in question on HP's site. The HP part number sticker on the HP memory stick is not correct, nor is the product # for the stick on my invoice.
Terry Hancock
Occasional Contributor

We have also had this issue.
You need to look at the memeory configuration which can be found under the lid of the G4. This will show you the different configs and where to place the memory depending on the type and quantity you have.

Hope this helps
Terry
If no-one saw you break it, deny all knowledge!
William Walsh_2
Advisor

DL360 G4 questions and answers (+options list)
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantdl360/questionsanswers-g4.html

358348-B21 - 1GB Advanced ECC DDR PC2700 SDRAM DIMM Memory

I tend to use http://www.backoffice.be/ for HP parts info. more user friendly.

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor