1770770 Members
2602 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Microserver Gen10 Plus crashing - "Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception"

wrongecho

Microserver Gen10 Plus crashing - "Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception"

Hello,

I have a HPE Microserver Gen10 Plus at home running Server 2019 Hyper-V edition that keeps unexpectedly rebooting/crashing.

I have applied all OS and HPE BIOS updates, the latest SPP and even adjusted the power profile / C-states as per this post, but the crashes continue. I do not think this is a thermal issue as I have additional fans for airflow where the server is located.

There is no error in Windows other than the shutdown being unexpected - no BSOD.

The error message from AHS reads:

"Uncorrectable Machine Check Exception (Processor 1, APIC ID 0x00000000, Bank 0x00000006, Status 0xEE000000'0040110A, Address 0x00000000'FEF1E9C0, Misc 0x00000438'80000086). ACTION:Update the system firmware. If the issue persists, contact support."

I did contact support but the server is out of warranty and they are unable to assist without payment. As I am a homelab user, this is not feasible for me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, please? I would be incredibly grateful. This is driving me crazy!

7 REPLIES 7
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Have you tried updating other firmwares like iLO, SPS, etc.

Usually for this error the solution could be to swap or replace the processor.
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00029456en_us

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

wrongecho

Hi @Suman_1978 

Thanks for your reply.

The server is running the latest Service Pack 2024.04.00.00. I've applied all relevant updates the Service Pack updater recommended.

Is there a specific firmware I'm missing that solves this problem? I'd prefer to avoid swapping the processor.

Thanks!

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Bank 0x00000006 UMCE typically indicates an issue with a PCI device. I recommend logging a support ticket to identify the device and check its firmware and driver.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
wrongecho

Hi BPSingh
Appreciate your reply.

My expansion ports are all empty, is there anything else that could cause this?

Again, as per the original post, I cannot raise this with support as the server is out of warranty.

Thanks in advance.
BPSingh
HPE Pro

What is the workload profile set in BIOS?

Please ensure the workload profile is set to HPC (High Performance Compute) for non-virtualized host OS, or to Virtualization Max Performance for virtualized host OS.

Refer to below web-link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001068en_us&docLocale=en_US&page=GUID-E7671EDC-DC0F-4D82-B4E8-2B5FD6E76E54.html

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
wrongecho

Hi @BPSingh 

The Workload profile is set to "Virtualisationn - Max Performance". This option also disabled C-States.

Appreciate the suggestion however this was changed some time ago when I found a blog here, and has not helped with the crashes sadly.

max performance virtualisation.jpeg

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Then I think the logs should be analysed to find the cause of the issue. 

I am an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo