1754407 Members
3141 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 110 and scsi controller error

Massimo_40
Advisor

ML 110 and scsi controller error

Hi, i have a little problem with a Prolian ML 110 (G1)with RH 8, a Fast Track Sx 4000 IDE Raid controller and a SCSI cart with attached a DAT 72.
Afther installing the SCSI card an HP SCSI Ultra 160 (P/N AA610A) that seems to be an adaptec 29160 on boot i recive this message:
Espansion ROM not nitialized PCI mass stirege controller in slot 02, bus 03, device 01 function 00
F1 to continue F2 to run setup

in the bios setup (pressing F2 key) i tried to find something but i've find nothing, the server works correctly by pressing F1 and also the tape device.
What can it be??
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 110 and scsi controller error

Massimo_40
Advisor

I've updated bios but the link you passed is not correct, this is the correct page
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21263.html
after updating bios i had the same problem, so i checked bios settings and in advanced, pci slot configuration i disabled the expansion rom.
Massimo_40
Advisor

Hope can help you!
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

I'm not the person who updates Customer advisory ├в you take a route and follow advisory, where recommendation to Update BIOS, whenever you see Customer advisory it has link with fix, however it's up to you to verify if there newer BIOS available with more appropriate FIX.