4299 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 G5 Boot Loop

fabiotloureiro
Visitor

ML350 G5 Boot Loop

Hello, 

I Know this is a old server, but its at home, so its fine for what I use it (or was).

So the problem: had 2 red lights blinking on the fornt panel, wouldnt start at all. unpluged power, ram, battery, reset the bios everything, nothing worked. Started unpluging internal cables, unplugged the backplane power cable, it started! 
Problem 2: Fans start, is on for about 5 seconds, turns off, turns on again, turns off in an infinite loop. Never see anything on screen. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 G5 Boot Loop

Hello,

How did the problem occur?
It is lit red/orange leds on the motherboard?

PSU Backplane or motherboard may be the problem.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

fabiotloureiro
Visitor

Just randomly, was working normally, turned off and blinking started, unplgged the power from the backplate it "booted" started the infinte loop.

No red lights in front or amber inside, right befere it shuts down and restartes the CR59 flashes red and then goes down. there is a row of gree lights inside tho, it looks like a post sequence but there is no documentation on the lights so i can see were it hangs

Thanks for taking your time on this old server, i apreciate you.

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hello,

I think a problem ppm module or psu backplane .

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

fabiotloureiro
Visitor

I only have 1 CPU so the PPM is onboard correct?
Dono if this helps. But it does exactly the same with 1 ram stick, 2, 8, or none. If I have no ram sticks on the board it does the exactly the same with no amber lights. So my guess, the board isn’t even starting? If I take the CPU out it doesn’t start. I’ve also changed the CPU. And nothing.
What is the probability of the psy backplane going rogue?
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please clear the NVram and check the status,

Power of the server and disconnect power cables,

Locate System Mainteneance switch:SW6 on the system board, slide it to ON position.

Power on the server and check the status, if it work,  change SW6 to default off position and power on the server again.

Incase does not work you can also clear CMOS and check as well (Remove the CMOS battery and Poweron, Again power off and put the CMOS battery back)

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

fabiotloureiro
Visitor

Hello Sudhir

Thanks for the reply.
I have done all that, even left it without a battery overnight. Also used the backup rom option that u put 3 switches up and wait the 2 beeps. Still does exactly the same. Powers on for a couple of seconds then down it goes.
The problem is that I live in Portugal, and to get any spare parts so a can try changing PSU backplanes and stuff I pay way to much for shipping from eBay and such. And “locals” are crazy with the prices. One guy wants 400€ for his spare board. (I payed 110€ for the whole server). I think it’s a loss unfortunately.