ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755378 Members
3854 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ml350 G5: Windows 2003 dont runs after disc was reinstalled on raid

Luis.Carrillo

Ml350 G5: Windows 2003 dont runs after disc was reinstalled on raid

I have a ML350 g5 server with a sata raid, 2 disks 250gb Originaly I installed the W2k3 with the smartstart cd the second of the raid has a failure so I disconect it, then I conoect in another raid bay a 100gb disk just to copy some data to the main remaining disk of the raid. This 100gb disk was faulty too so I disconect it. couple of week later I buy a 250gb disk to replace the original second disk of the raid. when I conect it and restart the server the raid startup tellsme that It will start the reconstructing of the raid, (I suposed it refers to copy the data from the disk 1 to the disk 2) the first time windows 2003 runs, it starts the CHKDSK telling that there are som problems to solve. it starts to changing files with $ symbols the when it finished windows 2003 cant be loaded it restarts automatically, when i restarts it do the same. I try to put the cd of windows 2003 to do a instalatin recovery but it finds a 250gb disk with unrecognized partition. So thats means the my w2k3 partiton is screw up? or I need to give the raid driver with the f6 option in the wsk3 instalation to make my partiton be recognized? thanks very much to any hel`p
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Ml350 G5: Windows 2003 dont runs after disc was reinstalled on raid

hi Luis

OK I see you're from Spain right?

OK, why dont you try again run recovery using smartstart CD? to avoid press F6

so you have 2 HDDs?

any error on POST?

are you using 2 HDDs right now?
can you reboot the server using just one at a time? and tell us if the same issue occurs?

-----------------
hola Luis
entonces en server lo unico que hace es rebotear y rebotear, y no encuentra la particion de windows cuando tratas de reparar con la opcion de Windows?
cuandos discos duros tienes ahora en el server? 2 ├Г┬│ 1?

puedes inicar el server con alguno de los dos en caso de que tengas dos? y revisar si tienes el mismo error con ambos discos duros.

--------
cuando contestes si puedes hazlo en los dos idiomas o solo en ingl├Г┬йs?

saludos // regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Luis.Carrillo

Actually Im from Andorra :)

Well I'll already try to remove 1 disk, and I get the same result.
If I dont try a repair instalation with the cd, and I let it boot, I get the first screen of windows 2003 server with the progress bar (black screen with windows color logo) but then it restarts. with the f8 options if turn off reboot if error it gives me a blue screen telling that the registry cant be accesed ( I dont sure about this because now Im at home and I dont work on this server 'till tomorrow).
In a standard pc Im almost sure that I can solve this with a repair instalation, but with this ML350 im not sure what si going on.
----------------------------------------------
En realidad vivo en andorra (entre espa├Г┬▒a y francia)
ya he probado de quitar el disco pero me da el mismo problema.
de hecho si no intento reparar la instalacin con el cd de windows 2003, y dejo que el sistema se encienda me aparece el logo de windows 2003 como si estuviese booteando normalmente pero se reinicia, si con f8 desactivo la opcin de reiniciar el sistema si encuentra un eror, me da un pantallazo azul diciendo que el registro es inaccesible, no recuerdo exactamente si es esto o otra cosa ahora estoy en casa y no vere el servidor hasta ma├Г┬▒ana.
en un pc normal estoy seguro de que esto lo podria arreglar reparando la instalacion pero con el ML350 y el raid y todo no lo se.
Gracias por responder
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

since you have had 2 drives failures ... it can a possibility that the other failed also so the data in the other HDD was corrupted so in the case you try to repair the windows and the windows is not detected (yes the possibility that windows has lost very important information to start correctly is high)

for example
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8356.html
Step 3: System repair step
Windows CD tries to detect a windows to repair it but if the windows is corrupted the CD is not going to show any windows (so reinstall is option)

when press f8 did you try safe mode?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!