1754404 Members
3167 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML350 HPSUM Discovery Failure

Trev_ROCC

ML350 HPSUM Discovery Failure

Hey all,

I have attemped to install and use the Proliant Support Pack on a Proliant ML350 G4. It is the latest version 8.11(A) and I am using the HP Smart Update Manager method. When I launch HP SUM, I recieve an error message that the Status is "Discovery failed". I am running this locally on the server from the hard drive. Any ideas why this might be happening? I do recieve the following event in the Application Log:

Faulting application hpsum_srvdiscovery.exe, version 3.3.0.0, faulting module hpsum_srvdiscovery.exe, version 3.3.0.0, fault address 0x00038424.

I have been able to install the PSP on an identical server using the same download.

I have used the .cmd method to install the PSP, but want to resolve the HPSUM discovery issue to allow easier updates in the future.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Trevor
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

the only workaround available is that one .cmd file

HP is still working an real resolution about that messages and what that means since it can be a conflict with software or Hardware
in the future we hope that message will say what is the component that causes that message

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Eric Thomson

I'm having the same issue with a DL360 G5; is it just a matter of hardware incompatibility?
Andrew Rust

I have similar problem with one DL320 G3 but not another. Firmware update went well but not HP Proliant Support Pack Release 8.15B. The Event was logged as;
Faulting application hpsum_srvdiscovery.exe, version 3.3.0.0, faulting module hpsum_srvdiscovery.exe, version 3.3.0.0, fault address 0x00038424.
Tried several times with same result. Even recopied the CD files to local machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Andrew