4976 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML350G5 :Raid Battery is not charged

Ikarisan
Visitor

ML350G5 :Raid Battery is not charged

Hello!

I run five ML350-G5 server with Ubuntu Linux.Every server uses a RAID5 harddisk system. To increase the performance I installed the 128MB cache module in each one.But the batteries are never charged. Meanwhile the voltage of the batteries reached 2,7V and the E200i controlles refused to use the cache. :(

Why are the batteries not charged? Do I have to connect them directly to the power supply? There are two connectors on the upper corners of the PCB. What are they for?

Thank you for your help!!!

Thorsten

6 REPLIES 6
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Any particular error message generated during POST or in ACU/ADU or in Event Logs about E200i or Cache module?

I have attached an image of system board components, #13 is the slot for connecting E200i cache module.

If I am not wrong, the cache and batteries are attached togeather so no need to connect these directly to power supply.

Hope this helps.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Ikarisan
Visitor

Hi!

Only the following info is displayed during startup:

=====

Slot 0 HP Smart Array E200i Controller (128MB, v1.80) 1 Logical Drive

1794-Slot 0 Drive Array - Array Accelerator Battery Charge Low

Array Accelerator Posted-Write Cache is temporarily disabled.

Array Accelerator will be reenabled when batteries reach full charge.

=====

But it never reaches full charge... in none of my five ML350G server!

Thorsten

Raoul Ross
Occasional Advisor

I get the same message as above except for one thing... It says the batteries have failed and should be replaced...

Are they replacable?

Med-H
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Dont worry :)

You need to change the battery and the cache module in one go  also you need to update the firmware of the smart array E200i.

thanks

I am an HP employee
Ikarisan
Visitor

Hi!

But all five batteries didn't work from the beginning.

It must be a real contingency if they are all defective from day one. O.O

And why do I have to change the electronic components if only the battery is empty?

I can't argue to buy 5 new battery packs for a lot of money if I can't be shure that it will work. :(

VBO
Frequent Advisor

You buy this server in 2011 ?

We have 3 ML350G5 with 128Mb Cache and Battery.

We already changed 1 time the battery during the 3 years of activity (2008-2012).

If your cache module is under warranty, please contact HP Support for change the battery module under warranty.

You saying the battery have a 2.7 of voltage, but the battery voltage is normaly 3.5V.

- First install the lastest Firmware.

When you measure the voltage, you mesure directly to the battery or you put a resistor ? 

When we got a defective battery, i tryed to give him a new born with a special charger for realive battery, but sincerly without a great success. You must replace it.