108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML370 G4 with P600 array / SAS drives

Chris Stradling
Occasional Advisor

ML370 G4 with P600 array / SAS drives

Hi,
Has anyone come accross this before?

Have 6 SAS drives in the new server connected to the p600 array card (256mb). RAID 5. Running smartstart all is ok, no errors, nothing faulty. When going to "deploy" the server, i select server 2003 standard, and the whole installation gets as far as the windows install screens, up to the point where you start changing regional information etc, then I get the blue stop screen, with the following message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On file : HPCISSs2.sys

I have updated the system BIOS to the latest version but i am still getting this screen.

Please Help!!
4 REPLIES 4
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Is the Server Bios up to date.

Try updating the BIOS and use the latest driver available on web.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5562.html#3

The latest version of Rompack/BIOS is dated 11/09/2005
Chris Stradling
Occasional Advisor

Tried that - to no avail....you think possibly the array card driver? I could splice an updated driver file into my server CD?
e4services
Honored Contributor

Have you installed the lastest HP drive at 2003 install by adding addition drivers when requested?
Because it is definately the SAS driver causing it. HP even notes this error in the update to the original driver, saying "Resolved an issue in which a system running Microsoft├В┬й Windows├В┬й Server 2003 with a Smart Array P600 Controller generated a STOP 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message"
THerefore I am assuming you are allowing Windows to install the original driver from the Windows CD and not installing the updated driver at the start of Windows install .
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Chris Stradling
Occasional Advisor

ok, have it sorted now. Trying to still do the install through smart start, it would not let me add additional drivers using the F6 option, so failed again. so had to boot from the server CD and install the drivers that way with the F6 option. Now the server is up, i can install all the HP tools.

Thanks everyone