1754976 Members
3205 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Mouse not working in ilo4 Remote Console

sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Mouse not working in ilo4 Remote Console

Mouse does not function properly in the remote console when connected to DL380p G8 running SLES10 SP4 x86 or ML350p G8 running SLES11 SP2 x86_64.  Tried both .net (3.5.30729) and java 1.6.  Servers have both been updated with Service Pack 2012.06.   Server I'm using to connect with is also HP (DL380G7) running Win 2008 R2.   Both SLES servers have the hp high performance mouse rpm installed via the service pack.  Both ilo's are running fw 1.5. 

When connecting to SLES10 SP4 x86, mouse does not function at all.  It is displayed in the remote console but will not move, clicks do nothing. Resolution displayed by the remote console is 1520 x 960.

When connecting to SLES11 SP2 x86_64, 2 mice (arrows) are displayed, one for my local machine and one for the O/S in the remote console.  The remote console mouse does move and the clicks function.  This is at least partially useable but the second arrow about 2 inches away is annoying.  When connecting with Java (1.6), 2 mice (arrows) are again visible, and they both move, but the mouse on the target O/S will not navigate to the bottom third of the screen so you cannot get to the kicker and select anything from there.  

Resolution displayed by the remote console is 1280x1024.

Anybody have a working mouse using remote console on G8?

3 REPLIES 3
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Re: Mouse not working in ilo4 Remote Console

Tried new ilo4 fw (version 1.10) and the latest hp-ams driver on the DL380p G8 server running sles10 sp4 x86....no change.

radoo
Visitor

Hi,

I had a lot of problems with ILO4 and RHEL6 using "noapic" kernel option; for instance, on remote console, mouse was moving with a huge delay; typing in a terminal I got everything written twice (for instance, instead of "ls" I got "llss").

So, maybe not using "APIC" is the cause of your problem with the mouse. Hope this helps.

Radu

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro