New Discussion юеВ

Re: MR416i-a Gen10+ controller showing individual disk in its own volume

SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Valued Contributor

MR416i-a Gen10+ controller showing individual disk in its own volume

Good day

I have 2 new servers (Proliant DL380 Gen10+) and it is on the latest firmware.

Each server have a MR416i-a controller and I noticed in ILO that on the one server is showing the disks as per first screenshot (each disk in its own volume) but on the 2nd server it is showing the disks as per 2nd screenshot. These disks are going to be used for vSAN once VMware environment is up.

I was just wondering why the difference and I did compare the controller settings on both servers, all the same and still defaults to be exact.

Have anyone seen this before?

Server1.pngServer2.png

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: MR416i-a Gen10 controller showing individual disk in its own volume - Prolaint server - DL380 Gen10

System recommended content:

1. HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Plus Server - Overview

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to section "Changing Backup and Restore settings" of the UEFI System Utilities User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10, ProLiant Gen10 Plus Servers, and HPE Synergy for steps to backup the UEFI configuration of the first server.

Once done, using the same menus in the UEFI System Utilities of the second server, please restore 1st server's configuration on to it and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ShabbyBRO
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

What is the Controller Firmware Version for Both the Systems?

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
CRD
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much, you response about the firmware triggered an idea in my head.
I had the 2 servers on the latest Gen10 SPP package 2023.09.00.00.
I now went ahead and updated individual components with updates released for individual components after the release of Gen10 SPP package 2023.09.00.00.
I updated BIOS, ILO and the HPE MR416i-a Gen10+ controller.
Now problem is solved, both servers are showing similiar information for the disks that I am going to use for vSAN once the VMware environment is up and running.
Thank you very much for the comments and advice received.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @CRD,

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know the issue has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo