4990 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Multiple Array Controllers interrogation

ShornW
Visitor

Multiple Array Controllers interrogation

Hi All,

I've trolled the usual places on the web but can't seem to find anything that helps.  I have to collate physical and logical drive info on an estate of around 2000 servers.  Obviously, I dont want to log into each device, so:-

a) Is it possible to script collection the info, and if so -

b) What is the best way to achieve it.

Thanks, in advance, for any help offered, and apologies if the solution is so simple I look like a muppet

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple Array Controllers interrogation

Hey!

Are these all HP servers?

Have you looked into HP SIM?
ShornW
Visitor

Hi and thanks for the reply

yes they're all HP servers.

Due to the large number of devices, I'm struggling to get  complete data.  Unfortunately, I dont have sufficient time before this piece of work needs to be carried out to check every device is recorded in SIM and working and reporting properly.

I was hoping for something like a way to extract info from the ACU shell, which I can run using PsExec, so I could automate the query.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Like with 'hpacucli'?

If you hit 'hpacucli controller all show config' it will output this to the terminal:

Smart Array E200i in Slot 0 (sn: CHANGED )

array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)

logicaldrive 1 (68.3 GB, RAID 1+0, OK)

physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 72 GB, OK)
physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 72 GB, OK)

We run Linux though so maybe it doesn't work the same in Windows.
If you add detail afterwards it will give more information (disk model number, speed, etc).
I hope with PsExec you could gather more information (hostname) output all into a file with csv or whatelse you may need.