7331 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Need help with DL180 G6 - VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL

node-nine_inc
Occasional Visitor

Need help with DL180 G6 - VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL

Hello.

I had a personal server go down this morning.  While trying to bring it back online via the ILO, it's reporting the following errors in the Event Log.

Generic 09/17/2015 18:24:23 FAIL_TO_PWR_ON State Asserted Assertion
Generic 09/17/2015 18:24:23 VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL State Asserted Assertion

I see that the State is 'Asserted' for the Module/Board named VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL, but I'm not finding any references as to which component this relates to so that I can track down a replacement part.

I have reseated the obvious, power-supplies (both appear to be working when power cords are attached), memory, drives, cards, etc.  The system will start to power on when the power switch is pressed or the Virtual Power is toggled, but then shuts down approx 5-10 seconds later.

Can someone please provide me more insight about the 'VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL' module/sensor and what component this relates to so that I can swap it and get this baby back alive?

Thanks,

-Chris

1 REPLY 1
node-nine_inc
Occasional Visitor

Re: Need help with DL180 G6 - VRD_PWRGOOD_FAIL

Nobody has -any- idea what these event log errors relate to in terms of physical component needing repaired/replaced?

The power supplies have been swapped and tested to operate fine in other systems...so it's not failed PS units.  What other components might correlate to this power-on then immediate power-off condition?

Thanks,

-Chris