1754414 Members
2736 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Link down

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Network Link down

I've read several threads with users experiencing the same issue as us.

We have a Proliant 1600 running Netware and have a Cisco 2900 XL
We get several messages a day to say the

CPQNF3-NW-502-Adapter 1-Board 1:
Slot 10015: Network link has gone down.
and then a message to say it's back up - 2 seconds later.
After speaking to an engineer he said he experienced this in another site, and they had to swap the mainboard with a newer board 'E' revision which solves this issue.
If this is happening with your server check the revision in Insight Manager -
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hello Steve,

The ProLiant 1600 REV solved other issues as well, and the Cisco switch really has nothing to do with the errors. The message that is being reported on your Server Console is directly related to the CPQNF3.LAN driver from Compaq depending on which driver that you presently have installed this LINK message will appear.
The newer CPQNF3.LAN driver Version 2.47 ?should? not give these link messages, if you have other servers connected to your network that are running the N100.LAN driver you will never receive this LINK DOWN/UP message and the actually coding of the driver does not monitor the port in the same way. This LINK message will only be given using the older CPQNF3.LAN driver.

Just a bit more information, I hope it helps.

Jason
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm having the same problem and would like to try the newer cpqnf3.lan. Where can I find cpqnf3.lan version 2.47? I've looked around and all I can find is 2.45
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hello

The updated CPQFC driver can be located in the latest Compaq Support Paq for Novell NetWare Version 5.40 A (29 Apr 02) located at WWW.COMPAQ.COM/support/files/server/us

Once you down load this utility you can install and UPDATE all the Compaq Novell drivers or you can choose to highlight just the CPQFC driver. Or you can go under the Compaq Support Paq for Novell NetWare utility and select to download and install just this portion of the drivers by going to the bottom of the Compaq Support Paq for Novell NetWare page and selecting Compaq StorageWorks Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter Driver for Novell NetWare CP001532.NLM

Both of these selections will update the CPQFC driver to the latest version of 2.52

Regards
Jason
Randy Johnson_3

I have a Proliant 1600 that is running Netware 5.1 with SP5. I have just updated the NIC driver to 2.47, rebooted the server, and I am still receiving this message about the network link being down. It does not kick any users out, but the updated driver did not work.