1748227 Members
4483 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Network link UP DOWN problem

dileeka
Occasional Contributor

Network link UP DOWN problem

I have a HP Proliant DL 320s server ..it was purchased before 5 years ago....recently i reinstalled windows 2003 R2 but i didnt installed it with HP smart start.first i installed windows 2003 and then later installed the proliant supports pack 8.7 (psp-8.70.w2k3.i386.exe) . after drivers were all installed but now there is problem with network connection...i think it is a driver problem....my problem is some times network link is flapping ...windows event logs are as folllows,

HP NC324i PCIe Dual Port: The network link is down.  Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

HP NC324i PCIe Dual Port: Network controller configured for 100Mb full-duplex link.

cisco switch also notices input errors on that 2 ports.

is it a way to unstall proliant support pack 8.7 and install prolint supports pack which comes with the server.is PSP 8.7 supports this DL 320s server?

Pls help me to solve this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Network link UP DOWN problem

Hi,

NC324i is a 1Gbit card. Why is it set to 100Mb full-duplex? Is the Switch-port configured to fixed 100Mb full-duplex? Why not auto?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3660062

Which driver do you have installed on it now?

At the download link for PSP 8.70 - hit 'release notes'. This has a link to the supported servers: http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA3-2059ENA.pdf

8.7 is supported on Win2k3.
dileeka
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I have set it to auto but the problem is switch is not supported for 1Gibit ethernet it is max speed is 100Mbps.

I have red the PSP 8.70 -  'release notes'. there it is supported to windows server 2003 x64 but i installed the 32bit of  wondows 2003 enterprise R2.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to set the NIC to 100Mbps instead of auto?

dileeka
Occasional Contributor

Re: Network link UP DOWN problem-HELP

Hi All,

thanks for your replys. last couble of weeks i checked with setting my NICs to to 100Mbps instead of auto but the problem exist and i found that it is a driver problem so erlier when we installed server first time installed the proliant supports pack version 7.70 and recntly i have format the server cuz of disk faliure and then installed the proliant supports pack version 7.70 psp-8.70.w2k3.i386. so then problem happens so i thought to reformat it and install the server with old PSP version.i have 2 windows partitions. I have 2 questions,

1) i want to install windows 2003 R2 32bit . is it possible to install it using HP smart start version 7.70?

2)  while i format and install using HP smart start , is the data is deleted on the 2 partition(D drive)?

Please Help...