New Discussion юеВ

Network problem on port1 on DL380G2 after upgrading the driver

SOLVED
Go to solution
Blairon Philippe
Occasional Contributor

Network problem on port1 on DL380G2 after upgrading the driver

Hi,

On two different server I have the same problem.

We upgraded the NIC drivers on our servers from drivers version 6.1.3.0 to 8.012.0 (yes I know they were pretty old).

but on two of my DL380G2 the upgrade freeze but i finaly can upgrade them manually. but only the port 2 is working the 1st port is disable and when I try to enable it I got an error message "connexion error" (sorry it's a litteral traduction my real message is in french)we also upgrade to teaming utility to 7.86.0.1

On one of the server I try to upgrade with the latest driver (8.0.21.0) and team utility (8.10.0.0), the upgrade goes fine but still can't activate the first port. (I also try some intermediate version)

I also downgrade to the old version of driver and team utility without a success.

On our server we install two windows 2000 installation for debugging, I start with the second install and the two port are running fine. So the hardware and the network connection are ok.

If someone have an idea, it will be nice.

Philippe

ps : the nic is the onboard nc3163
2 REPLIES 2
fausto_6
Solution

Re: Network problem on port1 on DL380G2 after upgrading the driver

hi, on microsoft server , you can try to remove the nic 1 and scan with funcion of plug and play , for remap the network card e configure it again.
I suggest to you , upgrade firmware of network card before to proceed with driver upgrade.
Faustob
Blairon Philippe
Occasional Contributor

Re: Network problem on port1 on DL380G2 after upgrading the driver

Thanks Fausto,

I didn't try the easy solution. I was looking for some more complicated solution.

Cheers