4751 Online
108833 Solutions
New Discussion

P408e Cache Cable needed?

Be5
Advisor

P408e Cache Cable needed?

Hi

I have a ML110 Gen10 Connected to a MSA2060. Do I need to connect the cache cable  (877849-001) from the Card (P408e) to the server?

In this Server is another raid card installed (for local disks). Do I have a second connector for the cache cable anyway?

Thanks, b

8 REPLIES 8
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: P408e Cache Cable needed?

Hi,

Please refer to the cabling.  Refer to "Storage controller backup power cabling"
This server only supports FBWC module installation when a Smart Array P-Series controller is installed.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Be5
Advisor

Hi @Suman_1978 

I have installed a raid controller which power cable is connected to the mainboard (for local disks).

Now i have a second controller for the connection to a MSA2060. Do i need the power cable. Or is the power cable only for raid controllers used for local disks?

Thanks, b

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer to the following documents for configuration of MSA 2060 with server.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00128579en_us&docLocale=en_US
https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00105260enw

Thank You!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Be5
Advisor

@Suman_1978 

Hi

I didnt' found a solution the the pdfs your are posted.

Do I need to connect the cache power cable if the sas controller is connected to a msa2060?

Thanks, b

Be5
Advisor

Any ideas?

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

As per the cabling diagram, you may have to connect the Controller backup power connector cable to system board.

But I may also be wrong as I have not personally worked on this controller.

Please consult a HPE Reseller or log a support case with HPE Support for further assistance.

Thank You!

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

Be5
Advisor

Thanks.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Be5,

Let us know if your concern has been addressed.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo