5867 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem to install Windows Server 2016 on Proliant DL360e gen8

doa82
Occasional Contributor

Problem to install Windows Server 2016 on Proliant DL360e gen8

Hello guys,

I'm trying to install Windows server 2016 on a Porliant DL360 e gen8 on a raid1 config.

From Inteliggent provisioning I can only start with a disc (USB drive is not accepted) and the system only gives ne the option to choose server 2012. I selected "Server 2012" and inserted the key for the windows server 2016 and the install continued. After server reboot automatically after generating partitions and copying files, the windows installation suddently stops sying "Windows Could Not Complete The Installation...". When trying to boot from the dvd/usb win2016 image, to try installation, the Windows don't recognize the logical disl. It asks for a storage controller driver. Anyone knows hot to add this driver? I can't find it on HP sites. Only as .exe file.

Otherwise, is there any other way to install windows server 2016, or yous guys think it's not possible?

thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem to install Windows Server 2016 on Proliant DL360e gen8

Hi.

The intelliget provisioning probably needs updating to support Windows server 2016 as the Gen8 was released before windows server 2016.

Here is some info on how to update Intelligent Provisioning
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03458406

Also if you download the exe file for Raidcontroller driver and start it you have the option to extract it and get access to the driver.

//Cederberg

doa82
Occasional Contributor

Re: Problem to install Windows Server 2016 on Proliant DL360e gen8

I could update the IP!

Thanks for the reply!