ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755387 Members
3031 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 1600 drive power lights won't come on, server does work

k41184

Proliant 1600 drive power lights won't come on, server does work

When my proliant 1600 server is powered on and working, the green LED showing power to the drive never comes on, even though everything is working. I have three 18gb hard drives in the system on the Compaq Ultra Wide SCSI controller. Does anyone know why these lights don't come on? Its not a major problem, but it does make me look twice each time I check on the servers.
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 1600 drive power lights won't come on, server does work

Hi,

Check to see if the SCSI LED header cable has fallen off the mini backplane where the processor cage and the I/O cage slot into, in the area behind where DAT drives etc are fitted.

You may need to release the processor cage to view this area properly.
Remove power.
Remove the side panel.
Remove the security screw which holds the processor cage in place (white head on this screw and a padlock sign beside it).
Pull the processor cage out.
Look for a cable hanging loose on the mini backplane. (See position 11 on the attached image).

When refitting the procesor cage make sure its a good fit. Push it hard into the mini backplane slot and then lock it into position.

I hope this helps.

Brian
k41184

Re: Proliant 1600 drive power lights won't come on, server does work

Well, that soft of fixed it. The Green LED by the power switch comes on whenever there is hard drive activity. But the LED's on the from of the hard drives that should come on when the drives are powered up stay dark. The activity lights flash on the HD when data is being transfered, and the drives work. But the power lights on the HD's stay off.