ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1755651 Members
3083 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL140 G1health monitoring ?

Konstantin Panin

Proliant DL140 G1health monitoring ?

I have DL140 G1 server. Red Led shine on the front panel. How can I sheck system hadware sensors, like fan speed, CPU and system temperature? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Proliant DL140 G1health monitoring ?

Try look in the cover , there are some information of system leds
Shelby Meyer
Occasional Contributor

Look inside and check to see if all your fans are running. I have seen this cause a red light.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

FYI

What are the system health LEDs used for? What do the different colors mean (green, red, amber)?
The front panel LEDs are used to help diagnose a server failure. When an internal component fails, the indication is made on the front panel. If the item is serviceable by removing the hood, as in the case of a fan failure, the Internal Health LED will illuminate.

If no failures have occurred, the system health LEDs will be green. If a failure has occurred, but a redundant feature has enabled the system to continue running, the LED will be amber. If the failure is critical and is/has caused the system to shutdown, the LED will be red. These LEDs serve as local indicators for several failure conditions. Insight Manager will continue to report these, and many other failure conditions, as well.

From this link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00375096#N100DB

Prashant S
Nothing is impossible