1767445 Members
3928 Online
108962 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: proliant dl360 gen 9 - ilo port completely dead

epyon79
Regular Visitor

proliant dl360 gen 9 - ilo port completely dead

long story short my server booted and ilo had "unknown" beside ipv4 address. i reset it, resetarted it and re set it up and same thing. no activity lights either. i have it on the shared port setting and the other nics work fine. nothings changed so im not sure if the dedicated nics just die? im fully up to date on the firmware now as well as the latest critical bios. further troubleshooting steps to try would be awesome! ty!

6 REPLIES 6
shuff
Valued Contributor

Does ilo health show as degraded -- something like a NAND reformat might be one hammer you could use: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00048622en_us&docLocale=en_US

epyon79
Regular Visitor

nope. shows healthy. i dont think the firmware or nand is the issue. i was able to upgrade the bios using ILO on the shared port. then i used vmware to install the newest ilo firmware. it like the dedicated NIC just said sayanara bro! 

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may try "Reset iLO to the factory default settings" and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

epyon79
Regular Visitor

I've tried that as well.
SydUmar_1
HPE Pro

Hello epyon79 ,
If you have already reset the iLO and reconfigured and still shows the iLO status as Unknown, this may require motherboard replacement. Would request you to log a support ticket with the HPE support team who will review the logs and confirm next actions. 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @epyon79,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo